Bathroom Redesign Tips that Will Be in Style for 2020
More than ever, bathrooms have become a focus area for beautiful designs. Though the kitchen and other common living spaces are popular areas for renovation, especially as they are more frequently used and seen by others beyond the family, the bathroom has found a place of its own on the renovation checklist. Bathroom renovations, unfortunately, are quite costly and require careful consideration and thought before moving forward. In most cases, bathrooms will be redesigned no more than once every 20 years or so, if at all due to the costs for bathroom fixtures, cabinets, countertops, and flooring.
Before moving forward with any bathroom renovation, be sure to consider the following:
- The average cost of a bathroom remodel
- Toilet placement (don’t make it the first thing you see when you enter the space)
- Placement and function of task, accent, ambient, and decorative lighting
- Bathroom dimensions
- Bathtub or shower or both
- Ventilation to prevent the growth of mold and mildew
- Preferred tile size
- Whether or not your bathroom flooring will meet wood flooring
- Preferred countertop design and style
Bathroom design tips for 2020
Once you have taken stock and assessed your specific situation for your remodel, consider some of the following suggestions to create a bathroom that you will love for decades to come.
- Biophilic design – Throwing plants into the décor of your bathroom is a recent trend to make bathroom goers feel more relaxed and surrounded by nature. Designers are creating walls of greenery, tiles made out of natural materials, standalone tubs, and sinks in funky shapes and sizes, all intended to emulate the outdoors.
- Cultural tubs and sinks – Gone are the days of the standard tub shoved into the corner of the bathroom looking like an attachment to the wall. Now, standalone tubs are quite the rage and offer great flexibility regarding where they are installed. Today’s designers are inspired by the traditions of Japan, India, and countries across Europe, creating unique and refined tub designs that will make your bathroom stand out from the crowd.
- Stone countertop designs – More and more homeowners are turning to various stones, visit website for their countertop selections. From granite to marble or soapstone, natural stone offers unique durability and versatility that can create both function and uniqueness within your bathroom space.
- Open showers – If you are more of a shower person than a bath person, be sure to save on the space taken up by the average bathtub. Designers and homeowners alike love the look of open-concept Italian showers that come with integrated benches and shelving and are simply separated from the rest of the bathroom space by a glass partition. This trendy look makes the bathroom appear more spacious and in vogue and is exceptionally practical for both usage and daily cleaning.
- Console-style vanities – Simple and understated is the preference today instead of the massive vanities of yesteryear. However, as we tend to pile things up in our bathrooms, this look will only work for those who can practice a minimalist approach. A great happy medium is to keep clutter any regular use items in a linen closet, and display towels, soaps, lotions, and perhaps a plant or two on the modern vanity.
- Small bathrooms – With many homeowners looking to downsize and live a more simplistic lifestyle with less clutter, small bathrooms offer a space-saving solution while ensuring there are enough bathrooms to go around. These small half-baths can be designed just as well as with the standard full-bath, and when decorating a smaller space, the redesign budget can be stretched allowing you to do more than you could with a large space.
- Lighting – Do not underestimate the importance of lighting in your bathroom space. Not only is lighting important for aesthetic reasons, but also for functionality and practicality. In 2020, lighting trends will be on the minimalist side, with linear lighting leading the path. Stick to simple and pure lines by using lighting strips between walls and along the dropped ceiling. If neither of those is an option, consider a mirror with lighting incorporated into the design.
Timeless looks for 2020
To ensure that your bathroom renovation achieves a timeless look, consider these additional tips.
- Marble flooring will always be in vogue, no matter which design it is installed with.
- Subway tiles have been around for generations and look great in a bathroom.
- Concrete slabs stand the test of time.
- Neutral lighting will always be worth it.
Do you want to inspire envy among your friends with your newly remodelled kitchen? If so, focus on your cabinets. Your shelving units will make all the difference in aesthetic appeal. Here are 10 modern kitchen cabinet ideas that will draw oohs and aahs from all your guests. What’s the first thing you notice when...
Here are four things you might consider when selecting the color of your new hardwood floor. The Color of Large Furniture and Statement Pieces Use your cabinets, dressers, tables, or other large pieces of furniture as a guide. You don’t need to necessarily “match” your floor with the furniture, but the floor colors should cooperate...